Sony has announced its new Alpha A900 DSLR (buy from Amazon, B&H), built around a 24.4 megapixel full frame sensor - the highest resolution full frame sensor on the market today. Aimed at the serious amateur, the camera provides a very solid range of features,
The Sony A900 features include:
- 24.6 megapixel Full Frame CMOS sensor.
- In-camera image stabilization.
- 5fps burst.
- 3.0 inch LCD featuring 921k pixels.
- 100% viewfinder featuring 0.74x magnification.
- Dual-cross 9 point AF w/ 10 assist focus points for Wide AF.
- 1/8000 sec to 30 sec shutter speeds, plus bulb.
- Dual card slots (Compact Flash or Memory Stick Duo).
- Magnesium alloy shell.
- Dynamic Range Optimizer.
Available in November, 2008, the A900 has a MSRP of $2,999.00.
For more information: