The Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 400mm f/2.8G ED VR: Incredibly fast f/2.8 super telephoto combined with Nikon’s VR image stabilization and Nano Crystal Coat delivers exceptional speed and optical performance.
- Super-fast, telephoto lens, optimized for edge-to-edge sharpness on both the Nikon FX- (23.9 x 36mm) and DX-format image sensors.
- Vibration Reduction (VR II) minimizes the effects of camera shake allowing photographers to shoot as many as four shutter speeds slower than would otherwise be possible, assuring dramatically sharper images.
- New tripod detection mode reduces vibration that may occur due to shutter release when mounted on a tripod.
- Nikon's Silent Wave Motor (SWM) enables ultra-high-speed autofocusing with exceptional accuracy and powerful, super-quiet operation.
- Exclusive Nano Crystal Coat and a meniscus protective glass element combine to further reduce ghosting and flare for even greater image clarity.
- Three Extra-low Dispersion (ED) elements control chromatic aberrations while enhancing color, sharpness and contrast, even at the widest aperture settings.
- Rugged, reliable and lightweight, this lens features a magnesium die-cast barrel and professional-grade dust- and moisture-resistant construction.
- New A/M focus mode provides fast, secure switching between auto and manual focus operation.
Please help support this site by buying your Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 400mm f/2.8G ED VR or other gear from one of our sponsors: Amazon, B&H, Ritz.See Price History for the Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 400mm f/2.8G ED VR
|Model:||AF-S NIKKOR 400mm f/2.8G ED VR|
|Mount Type:||Nikon F-Bayonet|
|Compatible Format(s):||FX in DX Crop Mode, 35mm Film, FX, DX|
|AF-S (Silent Wave Motor):||Yes|
|Coating:||Nano Crystal Coating|
|ED Glass Elements:||Yes|
|Minimum Focus Distance:||9.5 ft. (2.9m)|
|Manual/Auto Focus Mode:||Yes|
|Close Range Correction:||No|
|Maximum Reproduction Ratio:||1:6.3|
|Accepts Filter Type:||Slip-in|
|Dimensions:||6.3x14.5in. (Diameter x Length), 159.5x368mm (Diameter x Length)|
|Supplied Accessories:||Slip-on HK-33 lens hood, CT-404 trunk case, slip-in filter holder, 52mm screw-in NC filter, LN-1 strap, monopod collar|
If you found this page helpful, please Link to it, or
Email This Page to a friend.
How to Link to this Page
To link to this page from your website, simply cut and paste the following code to your web page:
This will display on your web site as:
Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 400mm f/2.8G ED VR Overview at DentonImages.com